Sunday, July 15, 2007

Judging at the county fair

For the past two years, I have judged the fiber arts at the county fair. It is great to see the work that is being done and the interest in these crafts. This year's Grand Champion was a doily tatted by a man here in town. He is very talented, teaches classes and gives demonstrations around the valley. All of the entries were well knitted and there was a good variety. There were items knitted by students 7 to 9 years old and articles knitted by an 87-year-old woman.

I finished the Debbie Bliss baby reefer jacket for my niece's baby and hope to have a picture of it to show here. It wasn't very hard, it just seems to take me forever to sew a knitted garment together. I am looking for a pattern for a sweater that has no seams!! I finally found an afghan pattern that is knit from beginning to end with no sewing together, of course, it is so heavy that I can only work on it in the winter.

I am reading a Marcia Muller novel, Cape Perdido. I really like it and admire her style. The story is very believable, there are several story lines and she is a nice job of keeping them all going.

No comments: