Thursday, July 12, 2007

In the beginning

This is going to be a knitting blog with a little chatting and discussion of a few books thrown in for good measure. I started knitting in 4-H (head, heart, health and hands) when I was 12 and gradually grew to love it. Originally, I thought the 4-ply cap and scarf were dorky, nothing I would ever wear or give. Oh please!! However, my first project after finishing the required ones was a baby sweater with a pattern and I was hooked after that. I also love to read and chat, hence the title of this blog.


I am involved in a church ministry where we knit and crochet prayer shawls for members of the church that we feel will be uplifted by this gift. As we get going, I hope to post pictures of the members of our group and hopefully of the shawls and other projects they are doing.





I work part-time at a crafts store and one of our customers told me about

No comments: