Friday, November 9, 2007

Knitting Magazines

I love knitting magazines and I think I have every knitting magazine I ever bought. For years I subscribed to Vogue Knitting but then became so busy with classes, working and everything else that I couldn't justify it. I still buy it occasionally, however now that I'm in an apartment storage has become an issue. Often I would buy an issue and find that every pattern in it was just what I was looking for. I have an old Vogue magazine that's at least 12 years old that has a great tree sweater pattern in it and also a nice sock pattern that I still use.

I also like Knitter's Magazine and have found their patterns are exquisite. I knitted the Scoopit sweater in the Spring 2005 issue in a pale raspberry. It turned out so nice that I made it for my daughter in a chocolate brown.

I copy the original pattern from the magazine so that I can fold it up and put it in my knitting bag; it protects the original and the magazine lasts longer.

If you find a pattern that fits and is easy to make, keep it for all eternity. Styles may change but the basic fit doesn't and some of your basic classic patterns will always be popular.

No comments: