Thursday, October 25, 2007

Books, books and...

I have been reading the Gilbert Morris series; "The House of Winslow" books 1 and 2 (Yes even during the move when I didn't have time to blog). I love this series and plan to read all of them--there are approximately 30 in the series. Gilbert Morris is a historian and did not have his first book published until he was 57! Now he is a very prolific author with several series to his credit.

His books are very factually correct. The first one "The Honorable Imposter" is about the Mayflower and the pilgrims coming to America. The main character is fictional but several of the other characters are real. The second book is several different events in England and American history rather than just one main one.

I also read Lynn Austin's "The Daughters of Eve" and really enjoyed it and "Oceans Apart" by Karen Kingsbury. "Oceans Apart" was the story of a man's sin finding him out and how he and his family became stronger and learned the true meaning of love. It was very insightful.

I also finished the Beverly Lewis saga "Annie's People" which was good but would have been better if it had been two books instead of three. I felt she was setting up the next book in the ending of the previous so there was no clear delineation but that's just my personal view. Others told me they loved all three books.

No comments: