Friday, August 3, 2007

Long, long week

This has been a very trying week. On Monday, my clutch went out on my car and it was very expensive to replace plus I was without a car for two days. Fortunately, the repair place isn't very far from here so they were able to take me to work, bring me home and then pick me up the next day. I can't believe how dependent I am on a car, I guess that's the way cowboys used to feel about their favorite horses.

Today I attended the funeral of a good friend. He was a retired pastor and everything we want a pastor to be. His wife, too, is a very good person and I feel blessed to count them as friends.

I finished reading Bruce Alexander's book: The Color of Death. It was very good but very long. I felt as if I was lost in a maze of people and personalities, he had way too many characters and I had a difficult time keeping them straight. I did like his subject and felt I learned a lot about slavery in the British Empire in the 1800s.

I just started Margaret Coel's book: Eye of the Wolf and I love it. I always love her mysteries and have read several. They are stories of a priest on an Arapahoe-Shoshone reservation in Arizona. They are always good reading, people are believable. In fact, a couple of times after a book is through, I have caught myself wondering if on of the characters is all right!! I have also noticed that almost always the books are set in winter, I find that interesting and wonder if the author is trying to set the mood for the murder.

No comments: