Thursday, August 16, 2007

Finishing work

Today I did a lot of finishing work, boring but necessary. I finished the baby reefer sweater and hope to get a picture of it as soon as it finishes drying (I always hand wash a gift before giving it probably a holdover from my 4-H days). I also made several dish cloths and finished a birthday gift. I am working on the prayer shawl again, this time it seems to be going better--I am using the right needles!!!

We want to have a table at the church bazaar. At this time, we are third alternative however it occurred to me, here in the middle of August, that if people back out we will be responsible for filling in at the last minute, hence the sudden spurt of dishcloths. I want to make several other items; the bootees in the Debbie Bliss book for example and some larger items.

I finished Beverly Lewis book "The Preacher's Daughter". I enjoyed the history of the Amish and their lifestyle of today, however the ending was disappointing as it was obvious just a lead-in to the next book in this series. I will continue to read it however as the characters are very believable.

No comments: