Friday, January 23, 2009

 
Posted by Picasa


Learning to tat is a humbling experience. I have been working on several different projects and am finally beginning to feel confident with it. I met with my previous tatting instructor and she was very helpful, she says my only problem is lack of experience.

I finally realized that when turning (tatting is turned when you start a new chain or ring, depending on the pattern) that you have to look and see where you want to go next i.e. if you are going to be joining to another ring or chain LOOK and SEE where that chain or ring is, don't start off going north when you really want to go south.

We had our first tatting class last night and everyone is doing great. There were several cries of "I can't do this" but by the end of the evening everyone could make the basic tatting stitch or at least understand the principle of making it. I gave them an assignment to make a ring with several stitches and picots in it. They complained but will do fine.

No comments: