Saturday, September 6, 2008

Miss Daisy goes to the park

Today Jackson County had a dog day at the park. There were agility trials, contests and the pool, which had been drained to just a few inches of water at the deep end, was open to the dogs. Miss Daisy and I walked around and talked to different owners and dogs, watched the agility trials and contests. MD is more shy than I realized; she wanted to hide behind me or have me hold her most of the time. There were a couple of smaller dogs that she played with, but the larger dogs were too overwhelming. We did meet a calmer, older mixed breed that she layed down by. When it came to the pool, she wanted no part of it. She would wade in the water but did not want to play with it or the other dogs. I think it is time I started taking her to the park on a regular basis. Also, I think we may join either the agility trials or a dog obedience class this winter. I'm a little surprised she is so insecure around bigger dogs as she grew up with Rusty my cocker.

I took a couple of the dog sweaters, but it was too warm to put them on her.

No comments: