Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jacksonville yarn shop

Saturday afternoon I drove out to Jacksonville to visit the yarn shop, Llamas and Llambs. Orginally, they had specialized in Amish quilts and llama products but after Mimi's closed they began carrying yarn. They have some very nice yarn, a lot of hand spun and hand dyed. I bought some Fibranatura called Mermaid that is a very pretty multi-shade sea green. I am going to make a shawlette with it. The pattern (Clementine Shawlette, Interweave Knits, spring 2007) says the finished product will be 57 1/2 inches by 10 1/4 inches. I think it will be nice as a shawl and, when it is really cold, I can wrap it around my neck several time as a scarf.

I think I mentioned in the post for the dog sweaters that the only one finished is the blue one. I wouldn't want you to think I am just going to leave holes for the legs on the striped sweaters! They will have leg bands the same color as the collar.

No comments: