Friday, June 20, 2008

The Franchise Affair

I am reading an older book that I picked up at the used book store called "The Franchise Affair" by Josephine Tey. I read that she was an excellent writer, so when I saw this book I decided to give it a try. Published in the late 1940s the style is achaic and it took several trys before I could really get into it. However now I am not sorry that I stuck with it as it is really a good mystery and very cleverly written.

My Parks and Recreation class will start tonight, it is only a couple of weeks late. The director decided to combine Sheryl and my classes. I am going to go out to the extension service today and pick up some knitting brochures. I would like to use the information on Lion's Brand website but am not sure about the copyright laws and don't want to end up in jail over a pattern.

No comments: