Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Knitting for charity

I have been following Kyla Quinlan's knitting nuggets, knitting for charity. Recently she posted the seven most requested items for charity knitters. There were a few surprises; not only of what was listed but also of what wasn't! Here is the list:

No.7: Pet items.
No.6: Socks.
No.5: Mittens.
No.4: Afghan squares.
No.3: Afghans and blankets.
No.2: Preemie and baby items.
No.1: Hats.

I was surprised that pet items were listed until someone reminded me that the Humane Society and animal shelters need them. I thought scarves would be listed in the top seven, my students love to make them and they are a wonderful first project. Now, however I will encourage them to make small blankets to donate to animal shelters and the Humane Society instead.

No comments: